Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I'm pretty much settled after my latest move August 1st. In a city with a less than 1 percent vacancy rate, I find moving quite a stressful ordeal. This move, however, was rather serendipitous.

As I knew of many people who did not find places for September 1 last year, I began my search early. Initially I was looking for a bachelor or one bedroom, but this would have stretched my finances. In June I found a room mate, a girl I've taken four classes with at university. I wasn't going to start looking for places until she returned from her trip to Africa in mid-July but it so happened that I decided to browse Craiglist out of curiosity a few days before July 1. I came across a great sounding listing: a two bedroom suite in my preferred neighbourhood, which happens to be a transit hub, with on-site laundry, utilities, internet (and basic cable) included. As my boyfriend and room mate were out of town, I called up a friend who used to live in the neighbourhood and asked her to come see it. As luck would have it, this was her old place (she lived here in 2007/08). The landlady recognized her immediately and I got the place!

Apparently I have a penchant for travelling on the heels of momentous events. My boy and I moved my stuff August 1st and left the next day on a road trip down the Oregon Coast to San Francisco--a trip I've wanted to take for four or five years.

To be continued...

Labels: ,

posted by Vanessa at 8:32 PM


© Misnomered
eXTReMe Tracker