Monday, June 29, 2009

I came across this blog, Missed Connections via Frolic. Brooklyn-based Sophie Blackall finds inspiration in New York's Craigslist Missed Connection postings and creates these lovely illustrations.

Cursive by Sophie Blackall

I was reminded of a sort of missed connection experience of my own. When I was about 16 I was heading to work at the movie theatre one winter evening on the bus. After I had returned home, I dumped out my messenger bag and found a little note folded in half written on the torn off corner of a piece of white paper. "Read me," one of the folded sides said. Inside the note it said something like "E-mail me [and then whatever his e-mail address was] from the cute boy sitting behind you on the bus." He had somehow managed to slip the note into my purse. I wasn't interested, but out of curiosity I added the guy to MSN messenger. He ended up being goth type guy (judging by his profile picture) about ten years older me. I didn't find him cute, nor a "boy." He was very embarrassed about the age difference and apologetic about the note. After that brief chat we never talked again. I think I blocked and deleted him as a contact.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Vanessa at 2:04 PM


© Misnomered
eXTReMe Tracker