Saturday, September 01, 2007

Today I was initiated to a staple for anyone in the habit of partaking in the ritual of all-day breakfast. A loud jukebox fills the atmosphere framed by bright yellow walls adorned with movie posters, the only "good one" being for Kill Bill (the others are for movies like Dude Where's My Car?, and Like Mike 2). While waiting to be seated, Boy warned me that the staff were larger-than life, like cartoon characters... such as "The Captain": an older gentleman donning a police officer's costume, who serves the patron's their coffee with a song but is not actually an employee. He is so happy and pleasant, I completely appreciate him! Though I only had one drink last night, I expect that he is a ray of sunshine in many a hungover twenty-something's day.

Labels:

posted by Vanessa at 7:56 PM


© Misnomered
eXTReMe Tracker